6 years ago
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Downer Abbey
There are a number of people out there who follow D0wnt0n Abbey on M@sterpiece Theater. I used to be one of them. But season 3 has me so annoyed that I am DONE with that series! Werty started calling it "Downer Abbey." Any character you reasonably like will die, and anytime something good happens, karma kicks them in the butt and kills them. When they killed off one of the main characters in the season finale, Werty declared, "Well, they just killed off the only character that any guys watching this show can relate to" and I think he's right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree that they overdid it with the climactic demise. Not only did they hit the downer of all downers, they overplayed the lead-up into pure melodrama, and our lovely man deserved better than that, and wouldn't have been quite so uncareful no matter how blissful--it just rang false to the character.
They pushed it a little with the previous is he or isn't he amnesia soldier bit, and now they wrecked it as to plausibility. Bah.
Post a Comment