I started BooBear in a music class at BYU for 3 year-olds. The rest of the kids in the class have been together since the Fall semester, but I wasn't ready to add something new to our schedule last Fall. So, instead of feeling guilty about that, I am rejoicing in how much he loves music class now. He spent a lot of time trying out new instruments, like the child-sized drum kit. BooBear has asked to play the rhythm game we learned in the class every day this week.
We have also added storytime at the library to our schedule, which is another thing I am trying not to feel guilt about not doing earlier. He used to go with his Aunt BBug when I was working, but when I had a new little newborn baby, I just wasn't up for it and we got out of the habit. He remembered it well enough that he was excited to start going again.
BooBear is absolutely loving Sunbeams. He has wonderful teachers. I think the reason he was so grumpy about nursery in December was because he was bored. He has been asking all week if one of the other girls in class can come play. They were in nursery together, but never really interacted (parallel play, right?). Now that they are in Sunbeams together they get along really well. So, I guess I need to get in gear and set up a play date sometime. This particular girl has a baby brother exactly one day older than my Little Miss, so play dates would work for both kids.
BooBear doesn't like to get his hair cut. I mean, how many toddlers like to sit still and get itchy hair all over their neck, right? So, Werty has been promising all month to take him to the barbershop or the "hair-cutting store" as we explained it to BooBear. Finally, they went last week.
Before:
After:
We have been having record cold temps, like most people in this part of the country. BooBear and I built a snow fort, which was pretty difficult, since it's really dry snow. We started it New Year's Eve. It's currently 2 levels high, about 8' x 4' and still hasn't melted (in the picture we were building the first level).
Little Miss is rocking on her arms, but not quite getting her tush off the floor to crawl yet. Her increased amount of movement and rocking makes me think it will be very soon.
BooBear with his cousin at play group. For several weeks, he was the only one to come to play, due to his other cousins traveling and being sick. I was sure glad he came because BooBear looks forward to play group all week.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Your kids are soooo cute :) I can't believe how much they've grown!
PS. I don't know if you've heard, but I am going on a mission to NY, NY South :) I leave February 20th!
Post a Comment