Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Accidents Happen

Let me share a scene with you from tonight. It was bath night and BooBear is in the tub. I come in to wash his hair. I kneel down at the edge of the tub, and my knee gets really wet. "Were you splashing?" "No." he answers. "Then why is the rug wet?" He giggles (which is always a bad sign). "Little Miss peed when she was getting in the bathtub." "No, it wasn't Little Miss. I was holding her. If she had peed, she would have peed all over me, not the rug." He giggles again. "Yes, she did." Suddenly a light bulb goes on in my brain. "BooBear, did you pee while you were getting in to the tub." "YES." Accident happen, and these are the moments that I say, yep, I am a mommy, and isn't that a wonderful thing? But WAIT, I'm not done with this story...a few minutes later I am getting Little Miss out of the bath and getting her dressed. Just as I am about to put on her diaper, yep, accidents happen, all over my bed this time. So there I was with a wet knee and a wet bed, telling myself that it's a great thing to be a mommy, because the best thing you can do when accidents happen is just smile.

1 comment:

Valinda said...

At least my bathroom floods on shower nights are just water, for now :)