Friday, September 21, 2012

Child Stats + Pics

We made it to the doctor's this week, even though Little Miss is closer to 5 months old than 4 months old. She was so sick with the respiratory virus we caught from my mom when she was really turning 4 months old that I didn't want to give her shots yet. At least I was able to take them both in together instead of making two separate visits. Here are the stats of my two healthy, growing children.

Little Miss: 4.5 months
weight: 14 lbs 11 oz 60%
height: 25.5 inches 75%
head: 16.5 inches 55%

BooBear: 3 years
weight: 36 lbs 6 oz 85%
height: 39.5 inches 80%
head: 20.5 inches 90%


BooBear with the hose. While BooBear and his cousins did not actually get in the wading pool two weeks ago at playgroup, they did have a great water fight - along with his Aunt Rena and his mommy. Since then he and I have had a few water fights. I have found that if he has the hose, and I have his toy watering can, it's a pretty fair fight.


Here is Little Miss with her "giraffey."

Little Miss loves to sit up, and here is the proof. She is taking increasing interest in both her toys and her big brother. He has taught her how to spit "raspberries," which she often does to try to get his attention. This afternoon she let out an actual extended laugh as BooBear was playing with her feet.



Little Miss having her first taste of solid food. I am happy to report she is not allergic to anything so far..


While Werty has been spending long hours at work this week to meet a deadline, I have been keeping BooBear busy with baking projects! Here we are making biscuits. I wanted to try the lowfat version, using neufchatel/cream cheese instead of shortening, and BooBear wanted to use his small rolling pin from his playdough set. The biscuits were wonderful. I'm definitely going to make them again.


Isn't he cute with that little rolling pin? He used it again on the pie dough (see below).


BooBear, Little Miss and I picked apples for FHE. Then we made them into two pies.So delicious! This is the third pie dough recipe I have tried from my baking cookbook, and it's my new favorite.

3 comments:

Valinda said...

Looking good! You know, including pictures with stat posts is usually very happily accepted.

vessel3 said...

Pictures, Definitely good and even expected ;-}

Karen Valinda said...

Great pictures! Thank you for taking pity on your loyal followers. the vessel3 comment was me, I was just on Aunt Sandy's computer this morning and didn't realize it hadn't asked for my name. David's mom, that cute blond that graduated with you and V loved to torment ;-} Actually she tormented the little girls that used to swoon over him. Little miss is SO precious, you done good Zanne! and Werty ;-} xoxoxox