Monday, April 23, 2012

Being Induced Again

When I went in for my appt last Friday, I was surprised when my doctor suggested we schedule the baby to be induced the following week. I think I had told her already that I was feeling sick sometimes when I ate, and I had to be really careful about the GD diet to feel well. But I'm not sure what exactly prompted her judgment that 39 weeks might be better than waiting the full 40 weeks to be induced. I met Werty for lunch at his work and broke the news to him, and he was a little shocked too. Suddenly the "sometime in the next week or two" turned into a definite 6 days away.

So, Thursday is the big day, unless she shows up sooner. At least this time I am already dilated to 2+ cm, which is farther along than I was last time when they broke my water because neither the gel nor the pitocin was doing anything. So, let's hope my body kicks in to gear this time and it goes much faster.

3 comments:

Karen Valinda said...

That is close Zanne! Wednesday the 25th is Brent's birthday and Thursday the 26th is my nephew Brian's -oh no!
(they will be 35 and 37)(no party crashers from their direction...well maybe from Brent lol)
Get LOTS of sleep young lady!!! LOTS of SLEEP. Nap with Boo Bear, without Boo Bear, ANY chance you get. Think of it as fortification. As a blessing to Boo Bear and his sibling to be. Just get all the rest you can. (voice of experience. V was my second baby) Boo Bear is going to be able to help and to hinder and he will decide which at any given time!
Take care of yourself. Our prayers are with all 3 of you, xoxoxox

Valinda said...

Yay!! Can't wait.

Julie C said...

Thinking of you!