Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunbeam Humor

Werty and I teach the Sunbeams class in Primary, that is, the Sunday School class for 3 and 4 year olds. Today during sharing time, the Primary President held something cupped in her hands and asked the children to guess what it was. After several guesses, she gave them the clues that it was something that starts out small and grows really big and really likes water. "A water balloon," "a hot air balloon," followed by "a camel" (someone must have recently learned that camels carry water in their humps...but I'm not sure how a camel was supposed to fit inside her hands). It was a seed in her hand, of course, because she was giving a lesson on how faith is like a seed. The teacher used Joseph Smith and the First Vision as an example of exercising faith, because they have been studying it all year. "Do you know what happened when Joseph Smith went in to the woods?" "He died" said one kid. "Yeah, he died," piped up another (not exactly the answer the teacher was looking for).

1 comment:

Valinda said...

LOL I miss Primary so much!