Friday, October 15, 2010

Nice Things to Say FHE

We had a FHE a few months back about showing love to each other. Rena taught the lesson. For the activity we passed around sheets of paper with our names on it, and everyone wrote down something nice about the person. After writing a comment down, we folded the paper so that it wasn't visible to the next person who wrote a comment. At the end of the activity, you had a list of compliments. As I was cleaning off my desk (there you are desk, I found you!) during this fine Fall Break, I found the papers for Werty and I. Here is what Werty's family said about him:

(keep in mind that the authors range in age from 7 years old to older than Werty)
BFF Bro. So glad you are there to save my butt online.
You are so much fun and you are so considerate. Thanks for chatting film/performance practice/art with me.
I like how friendly and easy going you are. I also like how seriously you take your spiritual responsibilities.
You have a great attitude. I appreciate how you take the time to talk to people and see how they are doing, and sincere you are.
I love your laugh. I love being with you. I love having you in our family. Your example helped me go on a mission. The way you served others helped me to know the value of giving.
You are creative and a leader! You have great knowledge of the scriptures.
You are a great dad!
You have a good voice.
My awesome big brother. I admire you so much!
happy, jolly
You gave me a cousin.
You rock.
Great and caring - talented. Loved by the Lord.
You are very cool.
My big brother!
You are great in your humor, in your knowledge, and in your ability to relate to people. Thanks for being a super older brother and example to me!

Here's what Werty's family thinks about me:
Loving, beautiful, cute, funny, cheerful, giving, kind, thoughtful, considerate (that was Werty's comment, can you tell?)
You have a good personality.
I love how you mix the reasonable with the ridiculous: you know how to have fun and when to be serious. You are a cute mom and a good teacher. (that's my favorite comment)
You are great. I'm so glad I can learn so much from you, especially dealing with students. You are so perfect for Werty. You're a great sister-in-law.
Ongoing, never gives up.
Nice, you gave me a cousin. :D
You are helpful and insightful. You can really connect with people and I really feel like you are a sister to me. Thanks.
You rock!
Observant and precise in expressing your thoughts and feelings.
You are a delight and fun.
Yay! You got a monkey! (referring to BooBear)
You are easy to talk to and good at listening.
You are welcoming and have a great attitude. I like how you stand up for your beliefs and ideas.
Your spirit and determination are a good example to everyone in the family. I'm glad you have a place with us in the eternities to be with us forever. It's a great think to look forward to. Thanks, I love you.

I hope no one's upset that I share these. Since most of my readers are family, I thought it would be nice to share. It's a great FHE idea. (Now I can throw away the papers - I know Klari understands what I mean!)

1 comment:

Valinda said...

I think somebody did that for you before...and if you want to write all those down and throw away the papers she'd under stand too. Those are awesome lists, and a great momento.