Friday, July 9, 2010

Makes it all worth it....

when you get an email like this one:

Dear Mrs. ____ ,
I don't know if you've heard yet but...I GOT THE IB DIPLOMA!!!! Anyway, I just want to thank you so much for everything you did for me this last school year. I learned so much and I really learned to love history in your class. Thanks for being so supportive, thank you for all your awesome pep talks, thank you for being fun, thank you for being so empathetic and knowing exactly what we were going through, thank you for showing us cute pictures of your baby, thank you for being awesome!!! thank you for everything!!! I hope you know that you had a major impact on my life this last year and that I will never forget you!
With lots of love,
E

I really do love teaching the IB class. I work with phenomenal kids. And the subject matter keeps me researching and learning along with them. Congratulations to E and the other IB diploma recipients!

2 comments:

Le said...

Cool! I'm sure you are a good teacher but it sounds like you actually make your students learn stuff so I don't know if I would want you to be my teacher. I prefer the type of teacher who pretends watching Dr. Strangelove & Teenage devil dolls are appropriate history learning tools.

Valinda said...

So cool! You're totally on your way to being Mr. Martin - way to go!!