6 years ago
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Falling Asleep in Class
Falling asleep in class is not a good idea when you are taking a vocabulary quiz. Thankfully for this particular student, it was only the practice quiz. But the classroom was very quiet, and when I pulled the quiz paper out from under his arm to see if he had completed it, he jumped high and loud enough that everyone in class had a good laugh. I have a BYU student doing her ESL mini-student teaching right now. She handled him well, and I told her so, when he tried to fall asleep again while we were reading our novel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This reminds me of my picture in the yearbook in Ms. Oswalt's class - totally asleep.
My favorite English teacher let me sleep in class. Senior year when there wasn't room in IB English for all of us. He let me sleep cuz I could still do better sleeping through class than any of the team kids who were awake. Hmm sounds bit elitist but how do I put this delicately.... umm true.
Post a Comment