Thursday, December 17, 2009

Students say the darndest things...

Some quotes to tickle your funny bone. We are updating grades, so I will be adding to this list as things come up.

Yesterday, upon finishing the book Number the Stars, one of the students turned to the assistant teacher (who is a couple years younger than me) and asked, "Were you there at the end of WWII?"

Use "any" in a sentence. "I need any girlfriend."

Journal response to "If you were an inventor, what would you invent?" "First, I would invent men to be more intelligent and second, to be more handsome, because they are extinct."

IB student's journal response to a reading about Total War: "Total war is using all your country's resources. Why would they do that? How lame!"
Um, I don't know maybe because they want to win the war?

Government class project: "refugees - which basically means they were displayed by close relatives." "They must be of good moral character. This means they probably don't have a criminal record." Probably?

2 comments:

Valinda said...

Please tell me these were ESL and not IB kids!

Le said...

I need any boyfriend! And I would like him to be handsome and intelligent.