Today marks our 7th Anniversary and the only itch I have is due to the dryness of a Utah winter. I think my Aunt mentioned last year that having a baby can be a remedy for the 7 year itch. If I asked myself seven years ago where I thought I would be by this time, there would probably be a few expectations left unfulfilled. We aren't out of student debt yet or own a house, but my career has finally taken off, and most importantly, we have become parents.
I am thankful that I married not just a good man, but a good partner. We prefer to do most things together, from church callings to playing FFXI. This has become increasingly important lately, since caring for an infant requires a lot of work and coordination, and we are dealing with a reversal of traditional roles. Werty is a wonderful father and husband.
When I first noticed Werty at church, it was his kindness and friendliness that got my attention. Everyone seemed to know him. On our first date, he had just picked me up when he noticed somebody pushing their car. He stopped his car and jumped out to help push. That's the kind of person he is.
When we first met, the Spirit told me if I wanted him, I could keep him. I'm glad I chose to keep him for forever. Having him as my partner gets better and better as we get farther along on our journey and experience new challenges.
6 years ago
3 comments:
I'm glad you chose to keep him! I remember the first time I actually met you--I thought, "this is the girl. This is her!" I'm so happy that you found each other in this weird and lonely world. Happy Anniversary!
I didn't remember that you got married the same time of year as V, although I do think I remember your reception. Anyway congrats on 7 years!
Aww how sweet. I'm very happy that you guys still get along so well and take such good care of each other. :) I hope the next 7 years bring as much happiness as the first 7!
Post a Comment