I hate doctors, but maybe I should get my thyroid checked out. I'm supposed to get it tested every 6 months, and it's been...yeah...a couple years? Maybe this is more than just January blues. I am going to see a new doctor in a couple of weeks for my annual check-up. Let's hope I can convince this doctor to run a blood test for me to check my TSH levels. Usually, I have to get the endocrinologist to make a blood test order. But really, if my numbers are normal, then I don't need to see the endocrinologist and wait 2-3 months on her waiting list to actually see her. Ever since she declared me in remission, she said I need to get blood tests, but don't actually need to see her unless my numbers drastically change. Let's hope the new doctor is the kind that listens.
Which makes me also wonder if my brother Softserve has had HIS thyroid checked. I would imagine if his thyroid was contributing to his depression, the anti-depressants wouldn't be as effective as they could be. They say that those with thyroid imbalances take longer to (ahem) use the bathroom. And he always took the longest of anyone in the bathroom growing up. And that's my armchair diagnosis right there. So scientific, LOL.
6 years ago
1 comment:
I wouldn't wanna either...I was wondering ... what r u doing for ur birthday??
Post a Comment