Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas and New Year's

I didn't post over the holiday because we were so busy. The last couple of days, I have been holed up at home recovering from all the fun. I made a goal to be asleep by midnight and up by 8 each day over the break. Umm, yeah. Didn't do so well. Last night I couldn't fall asleep until 3am...probably because I slept until 1pm the day before. In my defense, we had a lot of family over and family visits that went in to the wee hours of the night. But it was a blast!

First, my sister came to visit. We had the apartment presentable and the game room/guest room ready. All I have left to unpack and organize is my scrapbooking/craft/sewing stuff now. But the tree is in its box and put away in a closet. /cheer. It was great to see her. She is such a helpful shopping partner! She watched WallE for the first time. (She still needs to see Mulan, /ahem.)

Christmas Eve was the family party at the Senator's home. My siblings and I performed Joy to the World to represent my grandmother's branch of the family. Christmas was a 5 hour brunch with Werty's family and then presents and dinner at my sister Sue's house. Lots of back and forth between the families.

Werty and I saw an exhibit on Japanese woodcarvings for our anniversary, after having lunch with my grandparents and my siblings. Unfortunately, I caught a stomach flu bug - half of Werty's family caught it too - later that night.

We had Werty's sister from ID and her husband over one night. Another night we had his other sister Rena and her husband over for lasagna and watched Crossing Delancey (a little 80's classic). Then on New Year's Eve, we went to Ged and Klari's for a low key celebration. Zinx and Cherry came in time to toast the New Year with us. We played WiiMusic while we waited for midnight. I still haven't touched the foot high stack of papers to correct...so that is tomorrow's task. It has been nice to get as much sleep as I want!

For those who like the Twilight series - there is a Japanese anime mini-series that Werty got for Christmas called "Fruits Basket" that you might like. We started watching it today. An orphan girl welcomed into the home of a strange family with a strange curse - sound similar? It's a little different, of course, or the anime would be boring. :D Thanks for all the gifts and the time shared with us this holiday!

No comments: