Monday, July 21, 2008

Homeless no more!

I spent the morning alternately typing my old IB notes and calling the owners of the condo every half hour. I was starting to feel paranoid that one of the other two couples who had looked at the unit on Saturday had already taken it. Finally, we got a call back. Looks like we have a new place to live! We won't be in my friend's ward, after all. Her ward covers units 1-6, and we are in unit 7. Argh! But at least we will be in the same stake. And as my MIL pointed out to me, we will be within walking distance of family.

Why typing my old IB notes? To review and get a feel for what I learned when I took this class, oh 12 years ago... which I am thinking will prepare me for deciding what I want to teach and include in my proposed IB curriculum. There are a few spellings I guessed on and tried to spell phonetically from my teacher's lecture that make me giggle now. Thank goodness for googling - so I can find out how to really spell the guy's name who was blamed and executed for the Reichstag Fire. Here's a trivia question: Without looking it up, what year was the Reichstag Fire and what was its significance?

1 comment:

Klari said...

I had no memory of studying the Reichstag fire, but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_fire is a great article on it :D. It's cool to have a little mini-review of history by reading your blog :).