Saturday, May 25, 2013

5K Completed!

I have reached my first fitness goal. Yay! The race went right past my house, so Werty got the kids up and waited patiently on our front steps for me to run by. It ended up being longer that we planned, because the race was the opposite direction it was last year. I looked at the map online, and there was no way to know it was going to be that direction! So, instead of being at the beginning of the race, our street was near the end of the race. But BooBear got to see his mommy running in a race, and that was the point. He decided he would rather play on the park playground rather than run the kids race. Oh well. I guess that means I will need to run other 5Ks in the future if I want him to have that experience. I know that I came in about a minute under my goal time, but I don't know my exact time...I will have to use someone's smart phone to scan the code and find out...because everyone has a cell phone, rt? Um, everyone in the world except me? (you can stop laughing now, Ddonn).

2 comments:

Maria Draper said...

We still do not have a cell phone!

Zanne said...

I looked up my time online - without the use of a cell phone - and it was 39:00.5.