Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Grades Due!

All of my grades have to be done and verified tomorrow by 3pm. Augh! I just finished the IB AQWF essays. (Yeah, in my mind they were from last term, and I had already graded them until one of my students started asking about them last week - crud! I haven't graded those from way back when...and I had flashbacks of my student teaching days when it took me a whole month to finally get around to reading and correcting all 60 something research papers for Honors US History.) I need to give them more document tests and OPVL practice. Which means more correcting for me, but better they be prepared for their exams, right? I hate when I get behind on grading, only to discover student "X" never turned in essay "Y" and therefore is failing and I didn't know it. Ugh! Meanwhile, I have had some kind of stomach flu since Tuesday morning. One of my co-workers came down with it this morning - so that confirmed that it was a flu and not something I ate. Today I didn't eat anything, and I felt so much better. And those who know me know how cranky I get when I don't eat - so I must be sick. So far Werty and BooBear haven't caught it, and I am really worried about BooBear catching it. He just got his appetite back from his flu/cold.

Nothing to report on the quest to buy the house. Our Bishop called to see when we were moving (and when he needs to find a replacement for Werty's calling), and we had to tell him that we didn't know, but we would be here through February at least.

2 comments:

Karen Valinda said...

Zanne- in response to your comment:
I can see there will be things to work out with how to evaluate the progress of some students, absolutely. He also wants to restore Teacher's Pay to $30,000 for a new (starting, first timer) teacher. Apparently it was there in the past but in the more recent past it was lowered,substantially.
(Not by him) 18,000 or 20,000 comes to mind.
No one has brought class size into the debate here so I don't know what the limits are here.
He wants parents involved in salary negotiations, as in they need to happen in open meetings. www.sde.idaho.gov
I love you Zanne! you have one amazingly cute baby!!!

Zanne said...

Thanks Karen! Parental involvement would give greater transparency to negotiations, which would help. One of Werty's cousins is currently student teaching in ID, so I am interested in what is going on there even more. (Werty is very close to his cousins).