Sunday, May 23, 2010

MIlestones

I am back to eating solid food again, though I have to be really choosy and avoid fats of any kind, even "good fats." I will be going in for surgery in two weeks. I am thankful for modern medicine that can solve this problem for good. I am looking forward to experiencing pregnancy next time without gallstones.

BooBear is so close to crawling. We often put him down to play with his toys, and a few seconds later we look at him again and he isn't where we left him. He has been scooting and rocking for a while, but now he also does the side scoot, with one leg out and one knee under him. He gets up on all fours, rocks, puts his hand forward, and then lands on his tummy. Sometimes this causes him to throw up, due to his acid reflux, but he's good-natured about it. (I know Sue's babies outgrew the acid reflux by now, but he is taking longer. My neighbor's kids took 12 months to outgrow it.) He can also pull himself up to a standing position if he has something to grab. When he gets stuck on his tummy and we help him up, he has learned to lock his knees and pull up so that we will pick him up instead of putting him back to a sitting position.
His current faves are his board books, especially the snuggle puppy book, the computer mouse, the FFXI moogle, and taking everything out of the laundry basket. We put batteries in his penguin this weekend so it makes noise now, which he loves.

Yesterday morning, BooBear was sitting on my lap in the living room. He looked at the blank TV screen, over at Werty, back to the screen. Werty joked that he was trying to figure out why the TV wasn't on. Then BooBear started reaching for the TV remotes that were on the couch next to me. He was pretty determined. He really did want us to turn on the TV. He knows that mommy holds the remote and then the glowy box makes sounds and pictures. It makes me feel like a terrible parent that my baby already knows all about TV. He likes Finding Nemo. /cry




At work, we have been moving everything out of B wing into D wing all week. I have to move the whole ESL department which has a ton of books and materials, my stuff, two aides and their teacher desks, and seven bookcases (which will now have desks right up against them so you can't actually open the doors to the bottom half of the bookcases). The only bright side is that it is forcing me to clean out my office and chuck stuff that was left behind by teachers who previously had my room. My room looks much more established, filled to the brim with bookcases and books, and less generic. We only have a few more pieces of furniture to move and then we have to sort out the piles of stuff and find homes for everything in the D wing classroom. Our biggest challenge is that we are quickly running out of space. So we are trying to get rid of as much as possible along the way.

2 comments:

Valinda said...

Yay for the both of you! About getting rid of galstones and crawling not about the TV ...

Fred would ask for the TV to be on by the time she was 9 months old. She would crawl over to the TV pull herself up and pat on the TV. It was usually the time for Sesame Street or Caillou to be on.

I would view his knowledge of how the TV works as a sign of his superior intellect when it comes to electronic technology. :)

periwinkle4 said...

I agree with Valinda about the superior intellect as far as the TV goes - it is just part of life. The video is so very cute!!! How fun! And I have to say that I'm glad to know he loves the Snuggle Puppy book. : ) We love you!!!