Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I lost my TA!

Having two TA's this term to help grade papers has made a huge difference! Now, one of my TA's, the one who is willing to do more than 15 minutes of work, and gets twice as much done as the other in that 15 minutes, is moving out of state. Sad ; ; The other TA is a sweet girl, I have known her since her 9th grade year. I am glad that I am not losing both of them, at least.

We have another game to work this Saturday. Ugh. The other advisor, the one that all the students coordinate with and love...the one who actually knows the students names...'cause, hey they don't talk to me, except when we are working games...today was her last day. She has transferred to the rival high school in town. So, my plans to tell the admin that I can't work both of these clubs next year, seeing how they have conflicting schedules and activities...yeah...not looking too good. At least the NHS president knows my name and sends me emails to schedule meetings. I actually feel I'm doing my job there. The other club, I'm just a live body when they need an adult present...particularly when they need an adult to work concessions. (There is a reason I NEVER worked in the food industry as a teenager, so why do they make me do it now as part of my career? Seriously, 10-15 people working 6 hours each to earn....$50.) I am a little stressed about the other advisor leaving, can you tell?

We had our first debate in my government classes today. One of the students, when the kids wouldn't quiet down so he could start, did a great parody of me. He put on a serious face and voice and impatiently said, "I'm waiting...I'm going to start counting." (I count how much time they waste and then keep them after the bell for that long.) Everyone broke out laughing, including me. That class is a real challenge, so it was nice to have a good laugh.

1 comment:

periwinkle4 said...

That is so sad that you're losing two people that help you! Hopefully they get someone else SOON to be the advisor for the club you don't want to be part of anymore.
Glad you had a good laugh - someitmes that is the ONLY thing that can help. Hugs!